XML and Google News Sitemaps to feed the hungry spiders. Multisite, WP Super Cache, Polylang, and WPML compatible.
This plugin dynamically creates dynamic feeds that befit the XML Sitemap and therefore the Google News Sitemap protocol. Multisite, Polylang, and WPML are compatible and there aren’t any static files created.
There area unit choices to manage that sitemaps area unit enabled, that Post sorts and archive pages (like taxonomy terms and author pages) area unit enclosed, however, Priority and Lastmod area unit calculated, WHO to ping and a prospect to line further robots.txt rules from at intervals the WordPress admin.
The main advantage of this plugin over alternative XML Sitemap plugins is simplicity. No have to be compelled to amend file or folder permissions, move files or pay time tweaking tough plugin choices.
You, or website homeowners on your Multisite network, won’t be fazed with excessively sophisticated settings like most alternative XML Sitemap plugins. The default settings can fulfill in most cases.
An XML Sitemap Index becomes instantly accessible on yourblog.url/sitemap.xml (or yourblog.url/?feed=sitemap if you’re not employing a ‘fancy’ permalink structure) containing references to posts and pages by default, prepared for categorisation by search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo, AOL and raise. once the Google News Sitemap is activated, it’ll become accessible on yourblog.url/sitemap-news.xml (or yourblog.url/?feed=sitemap-news), prepared for categorisation by Google News. each area unit mechanically documented within the dynamically created robots.txt on yourblog.url/robots.txt to inform search engines wherever to seek out your XML Sitemaps. Google and Bing are pinged on every new publication.
Please scan the FAQ for information on a way to get your articles listed on Google News.
Compatible with caching plugins like WP Super Cache, W3 Total Cache, and fast Cache that cache feeds, permitting a quicker serving to the impatient (when hungry) spider.
- If you are not using a fancy URL otherwise you have WordPress put in in a very directory, a dynamic robots.txt won’t be generated. You’ll have to be compelled to produce your own and transfer it to your website root! See faqs.
- On massive sites, it’s suggested to use a decent caching plugin like WP Super Cache, fast Cache, W3 Total Cache, or another to enhance your website and sitemap performance.
• Compatible with multi-lingual sites exploitation Polylang or WPML to permit all languages to be indexed equally.
• Option to feature new robots.txt rules. These may be accustomed to more management (read: limit) the regulating of varied elements of your website and sequent unfold of PageRank across your site’s pages.
• Includes XLS stylesheets for human clear sitemaps.
• Sitemap templets and stylesheets may be overridden by theme template files.
• Sitemap Index includes posts, pages and authors by default.
• Optionally embrace sitemaps for custom post sorts, classes and tags.
• Sitemap with custom URLs nonobligatory.
• Custom/static sitemaps may be further to the index.
• Works out-of-the-box, even on Multisite installations.
• Include featured pictures or connected pictures with title.
• Pings Google, Bing & Yahoo on new post publication.
• Options to outline that post sorts and taxonomies get enclosed within the sitemap.
• Updates Lastmod on post modification or on comments.
• Set Priority per post sort, per taxonomy and per individual post.
• Exclude individual posts and pages.
Google News Sitemap
• Required news sitemap tags: Publication name, language, title and publication date.
• Set a News Publication Name or uses web site name.
• Supports custom post sorts.
• Limit inclusion to bound post classes.
• Pings Google on new publications, once per five minutes.
Google News Advanced
• Multiple post sorts – embrace quite one post sort within the same News Sitemap.
• Keywords – Add the keywords tag to your News Sitemap. Keywords may be created from Tags, classes or an infatuated Keywords taxonomy.
• Stock tickers – Add stock tickers tag to your News Sitemap. an infatuated Stock Tickers taxonomy are accessible to manage them.
• Ping log – Keep a log of the newest pings to Google with precise date and response standing.
Privacy / GDPR
Data that’s printed
An XML Sitemap index, referencing alternative sitemaps containing your net site’s public post URLs of selected post sorts that area unit already public, in conjunction with their last modification date and associated image URLs, and any selected public archive URLs.
A Google News Sitemap containing your net site’s public and up to date (last forty eight hours) URLs of selected news post sort, in conjunction with their publication time stamp and associated image uniform resource locator.
An author sitemap may be enclosed, which is able to contain links to author archive pages. These urls contain author/user slugs, and therefore the author archives will contain author bio data. If you want to stay this out of property right, then deactivate the author sitemap ANd use an SEO plugin to feature noindex headers.
Data that’s transmitted
Data actively transmitted to look engines is your sitemap location and time of publication. This happens upon every post publication once a minimum of one in all the Ping choices on Settings > Writing is enabled. during this case, the chosen search engines area unit alerted of the placement and updated state of your sitemap.
If you’re proud of this plugin because it is, please take into account writing a fast rating or serving to alternative users out on the support forum.
If you want to assist build this plugin, you’re terribly welcome to translate it into your language or contribute code on Github.
XML Sitemap Feed was originally supported the discontinued plugin customary XML Sitemap Generator by patron saint Chia. Since then, it’s been utterly rewritten and extended in many ways.