Are you looking for the best delivery companies to work for in the UK? In this article, we will look at the best UK delivery companies to work for. All of these companies offer food UK delivery apps to make your job easier. Read on to find out more.
Whether you are a PCO driver or Uber Partner, there are several delivery companies in the UK that you can work for. However, the opportunities and pay offered by these companies vary. Working for the right company will fetch you a lot of money. Remember to look at other costs, including paying for delivery insurance if using a car or motorbike.
So, how do you find the right delivery company to work for? Below, we’ve listed the best delivery companies in the UK to help you make an informed decision when looking for where to work.
Uber Eats is one of the leading platforms for online food ordering and delivery in the UK. Working for Uber Eats as a delivery man can fetch you lots of money. Some of the basic things you should know about this company are as follows;
- You must be 18 years old or above
- UK/EU driving licence
- Certificate of motor insurance
- Bank statement issued within the last 3 months
A minimum of £3.50 per delivery. The overall fee depends on the total distance covered.
- A flexible schedule that allows you to work whenever you want
- As an already registered Uber Partner, signing up for your Uber Eats account becomes a lot easier
- There is a boost feature that helps multiply your earnings at peak times
- The tip feature allows you to earn more and you get to keep all received tips
- Uber takes 25% of your earnings
- Delivery equipment won’t be provided
Just Eat is considered the largest platform in the UK with approximately 80% of Brits using their service. To work as a delivery man for Just Eat, some of the things you should know include;
- Must be 18 years old or above
- Must have a valid driving license
- Must present a certificate of vehicle insurance/registration
- The vehicle model must be from 1990 and above
- Working as a deliveryman for Just Eat can be done in 2 ways;
- As an independent contractor with flexing working hours
- As a salaried worker with an hourly rate of £10.20. In addition, you can earn up to a £2.5 bonus on every delivery
- Flexible working hours for independent contractors
- No commission on your fees. You get to keep all earnings
- If you prefer working with them as a salaried worker, your salary is guaranteed. Also, the least you will earn is the minimum wage plus benefits, such as pension contributions and paid holidays
- Independent contractors have to provide their delivery equipment
Deliveroo is a top food takeaway platform in the UK. The platform has exclusive partnerships with many eateries in the UK. The requirements for working with Deliveroo are as follows;
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have UK driving licence
- Must present current address proof (utility bill or bank statement should work)
- Must present proof of right to work in the UK
- Must present a certificate of food delivery insurance
Riders with Deliveroo are paid for each completed delivery. However, the delivery fee varies depending on the order and distance. Generally, the pay is between £7-12/hour.
- Flexible working hours where you get to work whenever you want
- You get to keep all customer tips
- Incentives are provided during peak times. This can help boost your earnings
- Free kits are provided
- There is a high level of competition in the company due to the excessive influx of drivers
Yodel is a major player in the parcel delivery industry in the UK. They help UK retailers deliver millions of parcels every week. To work for Yodel, some of the things you should know include;
Riders are paid per delivery. You can expect 30-120 deliveries per day.
- Use the app to track your workload and plan your route
- Great support
- Regular work
- Heavy lifting
- Long hours
If you reside in the UK and looking for a delivery company to work for, these are some of the best delivery service companies you should pick. They offer regular work and incentives, allowing you to boost your earnings.